Friday, October 21, 2005

9 Reasons why my Rae should get a minivan

I'm A: Bear Cub!

bear cubBears are strong and independent creatures who roam in the forest in search of food. Bears are usually gentle, but anger one and be prepared for their full fury! You're big, you're tough, you won't back down from a fight, you have a bit of a temper -- classic attributes of a bear. Intelligent and resourceful, though lazy at times, you are a fascinating creature of the wild.

You were almost a: Puppy or a Parakeet
You are least like a: Chipmunk or a MouseWhat Cute Animal Are You?


So, looks like we made it through another week! I am so glad the weekend is finally here, but I could use one more weekend with temps in the 80's. I like the cooler weather (not 100 degree days) but the winters are just not my thing. I have too many outdoor/convertible/4 wheeler/swimming/ect hobbies and summer time is just better for me. My theory is, I like winter but if I want to see snow, I'll get on a plane and go see snow. Lots of snow!

I was reading Rae's post for the day and she made a comment on how she would never ever own a minivan. I have said that many times my self (and we still don't own a minivan) BUT have you ridden in a new one. They are really nice. I guess so many people are buying them, they are putting a lot of efforts into improving them. I thought I would see how many reason that I could come up with as to why Rae needs a mini van.

1. I guess number 1 would have to be gas mileage. We took a 2004 Quest to Florida and we got over 25 mpg going and 24.6 for the entire trip. That included driving around once we got there. That was with 5 people, and lots and lots of luggage. The AC was on the entire time and I saw speeds that hit 90 at one time. 25 mpg in a 7 passenger vehicle is pretty good.

2. The minivans are being designed to catered to the kids. But because of this they are coming out with the coolest DVD and entertainment systems. I like the idea of entertaining as much as possible. It keeps the "are we there yet" down from the backseats.

3. The engineering on these vans are impressive. They are getting the new ones where the seats fold down flat into the floor. This gives you a cargo van in just seconds. Imagine all of the bikes / camping gear / Pippin and his friends / groceries / or whatever you could haul.

4. Maintence cost are greatly reduced. Tires and other replacable items are much smaller, so the cost is less.

5. Insurance cost is less. Not too much street racing / 4 wheeling is done in a minivan. Is that why the cost is less. I have no idea, but I assume that's true.

6.
7.
8.
9.

Okay, I need help on the next 4. Give me your ideas. While your at it, see if you can convience me why I need a minivan (actually why my wife needs a minivan. I'm too cool to drive one on a daily bases).

Have a great day.

Random links

I do work and here's the proof

Somewhat Useful webpage


I WON THE POWERBALL!
(OK, I actully bought it at AutoZone, but it works good)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home