Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oktoberfest is almost here

Well, it's been over a week since I last blogged. I both enjoyed the break and I also missed the interaction. (I guess I still had interaction from all my friends saying "you're not doing much" or "Hey Watch What?" and so on).

Wow, it looks like my Sister-In-Law had an exciting birthday. Too much excitement for me. I need to conserve energy at my age. LOL.

Is anyone watching The Office on NBC? I skipped the first few episodes because I couldn't get into it. I tried watching it but the show doesn't even have a laugh track. I was encouraged to watch it by Barry and not I will not miss it. You first have to learn the characters. There is a jerk boss (yeah, we've all had one), the suck up (there's lots of people like this but he acts just like one particular ex-coworker). There's the guys that is shy except when the boss is out and they are having their game day (Brandon Wood). The list goes on and on, but if you get a chance to watch it, give it a shot.

What about the Apprentice? I think the Martha one is okay, but it's hard for me to apply it to my life. I want to be a real estate tycoon but I really don't have a desire to open a flower and gift shop. I guess I will just stick to the Thursday night version with Trump.

How many poker shows can they have on TV? I'm not really complaining because I usually watch them unless something better is on (like Dog the bounty hunter or the Andy Griffith show). I am trying to be a better poker player. I am having a hard time of deciding when to bluff and when to use logic and play the odds based on the cards that I have. I still play several hands per night at Party Poker.com

Nothing much else going on. We are getting ready for Oktoberfest this weekend. There is a huge car show and we usually carry 2 or 3 cars. Last weekend we got the old hotrod out and got it tuned up. It usually draws a large crowd of people that actually remember it from the 50's and 60's.

Thanks Brent for the link (I already had 3 hits) LOL! I will put in a random link for you and the other runners (or hikers).

I promise I will try to do a better job of keep up in the near future.
Eric

Some Random links:

Local Hikes.com (This one's for you Brother).

My type of exercise - and I'm pretty good


The things that you wanted to know about search engines but were afraid to ask.

4 Comments:

Blogger brent d. said...

Welcome back! I highly recommend the UK version of The Office. I didn't watch the first season of the US version because I KNEW it wouldn't be as good as the UK version. BUT, now that I started watching it... It's really good.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. Excitement said...

Thanks for the comments "former employee" Huckeye!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Well, I was going to recommend the UK version of the Office to you, too, but I guess SOMEONE beat me to it. The first season of the US version is also out on DVD now, too.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Excitement said...

Thanks Rae, I understand that it is really funny. I keep watching the series and it gets funnier every week.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home